Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A tough decision

I have to be smart. I keep telling myself that over and over again. Be smart. Dont' push yourself. You have the rest of your life to run races. Don't rush it.

Easier said than done. I'm an instant gratification kind of girl and if I decide I want to run a race, I want to run it tomorrow.

Remember that St. Paddy's Day race I said I was going to race? I even went and got myself a training partner, right?

I'm blowing it off. I start training for my first half marathon on March 1. I do not intend to put foot to pavement before then. I want to be in tip top shape for my training. I will do lots of cardio and strength training until then, but I need to pamper my foot. I need it to heel. So, I'm bowing (gracefully, I hope) out of the 10K on March 12. I'm not ready to be training for anything right now.

I have to take care of myself. I have to look at the big picture and do what's right for the long run. You have no idea how difficult this is for me. Big picture is not my natural first thought....Well, look at that. I'm growin' up!

1 comment:

  1. That's right. You have to keep looking at the big picture. It can be depressing at time... or it can be MOTIVATION. Keep with it, don't give up. Practice, practice, practice! Anything in life worth doing takes time and practice. You got this girl... and before you know it, you'll be RUNNING!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete