Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Race & Running Goals

Running: I intend to run 600 miles in 2011 (or more)

I have been thinking about my 2011 race goals for quite some time. I had visions of a long list of events that I planned to race, but the truth is: my life just isn't that neat and tidy right now. Life happens and you have to be flexible. It's a lesson I'm constantly reminding myself.

So, I'm going with a more generalized version of race goals.

I plan to run an event of some sort every month. Most months, I'm sure, will be a random 5K or 10K that I stumble upon. I do, however, have a few specific events in mind:

June 5 ~ North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon
*June 25 ~ Rock 'N Roll Seattle Half Marathon
July 16 ~ Warrior Dash, North Bend
July 30 ~ Federal Escape Sprint Triathlon
Aug 14 ~ Seattle Danskin Women's Triathlon
Nov 27 ~ Seattle Marathon (or the Half)

It's a lofty list of goals and I have every intention of completing all of them. Life happens and things change, but this is my starting point. I cannot wait for 2011. Great things are waiting for me. I just know it!

2 comments:

  1. I know it too, Jess. I'm glad you're back to blogging--I really like reading!! I am forever in your debt when it comes to the green smoothies...Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these goals! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete