Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Just a few things.....


So tonight as I was watching The Biggest Loser, I enjoyed a big ole bowl of ice cream (seriously, does everyone do that?). I noticed a few things:
  • A "big ole bowl" of ice cream is very different now than it was just a few months ago ~ it's now about 1 full cup of ice cream instead of 2+ cups.
  • I don't mind walking away from the last few bites of ice cream in the bowl if my sweet tooth has been satisfied ~ unheard of previously.
  • I don't like the way I feel after I've eaten ice cream ~ I can feel my heart start to race after that sugar overload.
  • I don't eat ice cream that much when I'm working out ~ I've been out of commission for a week now and my ice cream consumption has exponentially increased.

I've felt like a complete slug this week. My foot is still in excrutiating pain. It's not as constant as it was a week ago, but when it flares up it can bring tears to my eyes. I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm terrified to go back to the doctor (went last week ~ he told me it was retrocalcaneal bursitis) because I'm so afraid it may be a major injury and I don't think I could handle him telling me I can't work out anymore. Of course, I'm not working out right now, but if a doctor actually tells me, out loud, that I'm injured and can't work out. Wow, that could be ugly.

So, for now I'm continuting to tell myself that if I just keep resting it, it'll be ok in just a few days. Of course, when you are a SAHM, "rest" is a relative term. By resting, I mean I haven't been to the gym or gone for a run. It doesn't mean I'm actually off of my foot all day. I do try to take periodic breaks and sit down with my feet up, but you know as soon as I do that my kids have some type of crisis that requires my immediate attention. You know, something like the Wii remote needs new batteries, or something as equally urgent.

Anyway, pray for me. I'm going stir crazy and I really really really, no, like REALLY REALLY want to get moving again. But I know the longer I sit sedentary, the harder it will be to get started again. Hubby gets home tomorrow ~ I'm hoping to hit the pool. I don't think that will hurt me.....I hope.

2 comments:

  1. So Proud of ADA. I have faith she will be in the final 3.

    Im sorry your injury is holding you back but swimming sounds like a good idea. Hugs and kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so hope that you are not injured! But be very careful and go to the doctor so that if it is injured you can properly nurse it back to health. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete