Friday, December 31, 2010

Sugar Detox....

The first item on my agenda for 2011? A sugar detox.

All day today and off & on throughout the last several days I've been feeling really achy in my back and legs. I attributed it to my lack of working out and the small limp I've developed. I figured I'd thrown my alignment off a bit and was feeling it in my hips.

No doubt that those are contributing factors but this evening another reason hit me like a ton of bricks. Inflamation. I have completely OD'd on sugary, white flour, processed foods for the last week and I can literally feel the inflamation in my body.

OUCH! I can't believe I didn't realize sooner what was causing this. And I can't believe I didn't notice that my diet is likely directly resulting in a slower recovery from my injury.

Tomorrow ~ it's detox time. I am throwing away the remaining candy. I'm chucking the cheesecake and I have every intention of inhaling several green smoothies tomorrow.

I cannot wait to get back to whole foods again. Feeling like shit is no way to ring in the New Year.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment