Friday, December 24, 2010

Holding Steady....


I'm sorry. I googled Santa images on google and I found this. I laughed so hard ~ I couldn't NOT use it!!! No worries though, everyone in our house has been saintly this year, I think we are safe from Santa poo!! LOL!!
I'm still doing my physical therapy for my ankle and it seems to be helping. I'm having more and more pain free days each week. That's good, right? I'm still not allowed to do any weight bearing exercises, but sshhh, don't tell. I've been doing squats. I'm not using weights, just my own body mass, but I have to do something, my legs feel like they are turning into lead logs.
I've decided to find the silver lining in this injury ~ so here it is: if you have to be injured, pick the most busy time of the year because then you don't have to feel guilty for not making time to go to the gym. See? I told you I'm a glass is half full kind of girl ;)
My weight is hovering right around 214ish. I'm ok with that. If I can get through the next week and maintain that I'll be happy and call this season a success. I'll be starting 2011 more than 10 lbs lighter than I started 2010 and that can't be considered a bad thing.
Today is actually not Christmas Eve in our house ~ that's tomorrow. We even had the kids start their Advent calendars a day late. My husband is working this weekend and won't get home until after dinner on the 25th ~ so we're calling that Christmas Eve and Santa will come that night so daddy will be here Sunday morning to watch the kids open their gifts. Santa is very flexible with families that have workers with unpredictable schedules. The kids haven't questioned it so far.......not sure how many more years we can pull this off, though.
Instead, tomorrow we'll be having lunch and a playdate with a friend who's husband is deployed. I can't think of a better way to spend my Christmas weekend.
Have a very merry Happy Christmas, blogland! Hug your loved ones and remember what this sesason is all about. Be safe, be happy and most of all be HEALTHY!!
Cheers!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment