Sunday, January 16, 2011

Back in the Saddle


I have decided to not only send my workouts to Karen, but to also list them here. This is what I've come up with for this week. It's ambitious, but I'm so ready to get back to the gym. So, so ready. I do, however, reserve the right to alter this schedule as the week progresses based on my pain level and how my foot is reacting. I want to push myself, but I won't be stupid about it. Life is a marathon, not a 5K and yada yada yada....
  • Monday ~ 5 mi on recumbent bike
  • Tuesday ~ Aquafit 1 hour class
  • Wednesday ~ either a "Going Ballistic" class or an "Ultimate Strength" class + 2 mi on ellliptical
  • Thurday ~ 5 mi on recumbent bike
  • Friday ~ 2 mi on elliptical
  • Saturday ~ Aquafit 1 hour class
  • Sunday ~ rest day

It's a lot of gym time, but really not any hard core workouts. I want to ease myself back into it and see how my foot reacts. My tendonitis is essentially gone, but I'm left with a bruised heel. The physical therapist is concerned that it's a deep bruise that may have reached my bone. It hurts, still. But only when I'm not wearing shoes.

So, if you see me walking around barefoot smack me, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment