Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Workout Schedule ~ Day Two

I was scheduled to do an aquafit class today, but I'm just not a fan of the instructor on Tuesday mornings.

Last fall and through to the spring (2009-2010) I was nursing an injury and again, could barely walk (other foot, similiar issue). I had started swimming and really really enjoyed it. Once I was recovered from my injury I started running and working out at the gym and swimming sort of became an after thought.

Since I wasn't doing aquafit this morning, I decided to head to the pool to swim some laps. Afterall, that's what nursed me through my last injury, right?

My oldest son is on the swim team. He practices for two hours 2x a week. I lasted 25 minutes in the pool and I thought I was going to die. I forgot how intense swimming can actually be. It's a complete body workout and I would do well to remember that. I believe I will keep it in my regular workout rotation.

So anyway, I'm two for two on my workouts since I've decided to start posting them here on the blog. I have to admit, if I hadn't already posted that I was going to be in the pool today I likely would have blown off the class this morning and just not done anything at all. Accountability is a good thing.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for keeping me honest ;)


2 comments:

  1. Swimming is a great workout and fun too! I wish I was a better swimmer- I'm thinking about taking lessons to get better at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming is intense! I'm not a swimmer at all, but I pretending to be on in the adult pool at the water park this summer. Total fail. I can keep my head up and not go under, but the act of actually swimming cross the pool eludes me. You're awesome-er than me.

    ReplyDelete