Thursday, July 1, 2010

Wwaaaayyy over my head!

I went to the gym today and tried out a new class. "Spring Conditioning". Not only had I never done this class before, but being a newbie at the gym, I'd never had this instructor before. Only after the class did my friend tell me that I will always hurt after an Anne Marie class. She wasn't lyin'.

My entire life I've equated skinny with healthy. I didn't realize they were two totally different things. I'm on a quest to be both. I've let my weight get out of control and I'm not sure any more if I've ever had optimal health to begin with.

All during this class I kept thinking to myself that I was in over my head. I'd bitten off more than I could chew. I found the irony that those words did not apply only to this particular workout, but to my entire health situation. I'm not discouraged. In fact I'm energized. I've never been one to walk away from a challenge. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How will I lose 100 lbs? One ounce at a time.

This blog will be the diary of my journey. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment