Thursday, July 15, 2010

Channeling My Inner Jillian.....

Over the weekend I started watching
"Losing It With Jillian" on Hulu. I've cried on every. single. episode. Every one. What can I say? I'm a sap. But it's made me realize something. I've been craving inspiration. I'm working out and changing my life because I know it's what I need to do. It's what I want to do. But I'm not inspired. Or at least I wasn't. I've been looking for inspiration outside of me. I thought I needed something tangible. After watching Jillian get in the face of some many families, I realized that inspiration comes from within. You just sometimes need a psycho crazy trainer to help you find it. I'm not ready to invite Jillian to the gym with me, but I have been thinking about the show while I've been working out this week. I've stepped up my workouts a bit. Each time I feel like quitting, or each time I feel like turning the treadmill down a notch, I channel my inner Jillian. I'm a little nicer, but my message is still the same "you cannot quit."

So, I've channeled Jillian and what's been happening? I'm. putting. on. weight. What. The. F*uck? I know, I know....I'm doing a lot of strenght training. I'm making muscle. I really am. For the first time in my entire life I can feel my ab muscles. I didn't even know I had ab muscles. I'm not posting my measurments again until the first of the month, but I measured tonight out of curiosity and I'm losing inches. I'm just not losing on the scale. I'm frustrated, but I'm not discouraged. I have a plan. I'm going to up my water intake. By the gallon(s). I mean, my water bottle will not leave my side. It will be my new best friend. And I'm going to up the cardio. Strength training is awesome and it will ultimately benefit my metabolism, but for now I need a little boost in that area.

I'm gonna make Jillian proud!

*on a side note, the other day in the Ultimate Strength class, a 70 something grandma totally wiped the floor with my ass in crunches. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die, but I didn't. I kept at 'em. And now I can feel my abs. Go me! Go GRANNY!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment