Monday, July 5, 2010

Weekly Weigh-In

I'm beginning to wonder how wise it is to have my weigh-ins on Mondays. But, it is what it is. Yesterday's BBQ was a smashing success. I ate a little more than I had originally planned, but there was a pick up volleyball game that lasted about two hours and I played the whole time. According to Livestrong, I burned 466 calories during the game. One thing I've noticed this week is that adding just a little bit of movement to your day really helps with the calorie count. It doesn't take much to make a difference.

I didn't start tracking my calories until half way through this week, but I'll list all of my workouts and calorie burns anyway:
  • 6/28 ~ Ultimate Strengh Class at the gym. A one hour free weights class. Its AWESOME! (not tracked)
  • 6/29 ~ Aquafit Class at the gym. One hour of cardio & strength in the pool. (not tracked)
  • 6/30 ~ rest day (not tracked)
  • 7/1 ~ Spring Conditioning Class at the gym. This one kicked my ass!!! Plus 15 minutes on stationary bike and 30 mins of vigorous housecleaning (total calorie burn: 957)
  • 7/2 ~ 10 minute leisurely walk with children (total calorie burn: 43)
  • 7/3 ~ 45 minute leisurely walk with children (total calorie burn: 255)
  • 7/4 ~ 5 minute leisurely walk with children & casual pick up volleyball game 1 1/2 hours (total calorie burn: 487)

I am proud to report that since I've started tracking my workouts and calories, I have not gone over my allotted calories even once. I celebrate even the smallest successes! LOL

Ok, so my weigh in results, right? Enough already!! This week I am down 2.2 lbs. WooHoo! I have to keep reminding myself that this will be slow going. I'm an instant gratification type of person and patience isn't my strong suit. But I'll get there. One pound at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment