Friday, July 30, 2010

Kickin' Ass

I was all set to come here tonight and blog about some disturbing things I saw on the TV today while I was working out at the gym. I had started writing up my little blurbs in my head, I was going to link to videos ~ it was gonna be awesome. But we'll get to that another time.

Instead I wanted to share something that made me smile. After my workout was over, I gathered the kids from the childcare room and loaded everyone into the van. I called my husband (who, btw, is also my very best friend). He asked how my workout went and I told him, "I did about 15 easy minutes on the bike, then lifted weights for about half and hour and then a hard 30 minutes on the bike."

You know how when you are talking to someone on the phone, you can just hear the smile in their voice? DH said "Holy shit, you're going to be able to kick my ass pretty soon!"

I could tell he was grinning from ear to ear and PRIDE was oozing from him. He was, of course, being silly ~ we don't actually beat each other up ~ but the grin and the pride I heard from him just sent me over the moon.

I'll tell you more of my husband's story later, but just knowing that he's in my corner and that he is so very proud of me and recognizes how hard I'm working makes this whole thing even sweeter.

I love him and I know he loves me and it's little moments like this that I cherish. Ok ~ back to regularly scheduled blogging.
Cheers, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment