Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Feeling Desperate

I drink raw whole milk. I spent years and years drinking homogonized, skim milk and it made me sick. I became lactose intolerant and I've suffered from allergies & asthma for most of my life. Since switching to raw milk and whole foods I haven't sneezed, itched or wheezed even once. And I'm more active now than I've been in years. I don't have an issue drinking it at all. In fact, it completely keeps my digestion regular (along with my green smoothies)

Raw milk isn't always easy to come by. I'm fortunate to live in a state where the retail sale of raw milk is legal. That doesn't mean its easy to find, though. There is a health food store about 25 minutes from my house that carries it. Phew! I make the trek once a week and stock up. It's not cheap, but it's a priority for my family and me. I drove out on Friday to pick up some more milk and they were out. *GASP*!! So, I haven't had fresh, raw milk since Thursday and can I just tell you about the mood swings, the out of control emotions and the unsatiable cravings?! Oh. My. Gawd. And no, I'm not PMS'ing. This is worse. The store takes delivery on Tuesday afternoons. Guess who will be waiting on the doorstep of that store this afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment