Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekly Weigh In

We've been running all day so I'm just now getting around to posting my weigh in results. Well, let's just say they aren't the greatest. Today's weight: 222.4. Up .2 lbs from last week for a total loss of 2.8 lbs. It's not exactly where I wanted to be this week. I know I'm retaining water for a multitude of reasons. I ate some salty foods this weekend at a bbq and I'll be starting my period this week. I still expected a loss, though. I'm frustrated, but I'm not discouraged. I recognize that the body goes through natural weight fluctuations and that mine is still adjusting to my new eating style and workout routine. I'm adopting new healthy habits and that alone is a victory for me.
I intellectually know all of these things, but it doesn't make it easier to deal with. I've been watching Jillian Michael's new show and these people are losing like 5+ lbs per week. I like instant gratification. Patience is not exactly my 'thing'. Gggrrr.....
Next week that scale WILL GO in the right direction. Mark my words.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your frustration my friend, my advice is to stop watching Jillian. Either way your still a rock star.

    I'm not good with patience either , I keep thinking shouldn't I be done already?And then I remember there is no done. This is a lifestyle change wither I loose this week or not. I have also been thinking that maybe what the scale says is irrelevant. I feel great and I know that I'm doing all the right things so maybe that's all that should matter. Keep it up. Im proud of you.

    ReplyDelete