Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget....

I've mentioned before that my husband is a commercial airline pilot. He flies big jets. Just like the ones that slammed into the WTC, the Pentagon & that field in Pennsylvania. He's based out of Boston and he flies into JFK regularly. This day is my own personal hell. He's working this weekend and I'm a wreck.

I used to be a flight attendent (yes, we're a cliche) and I remember this day like it just happened 9 days ago, not 9 years ago. Thankfully I was home that day. I'd just finished a trip the night before. Many of my colleagues were not. They were stranded. Scattered all over the country, away from their loved ones.
Today, if you do nothing else, set your politics down for a moment. Sit and remember. Remember how you felt, the resolve we all had, the unity we believed in. We were all on the same team that day. We stood together and said "you will not break us." THAT is what being an American is all about. Standing tall and looking our enemy in the eyes and saying "we will not back down."
My thoughts and prayers are with each and every family that was touched my 9/11/2001. So, in other words, I'll be praying for everyone today.

No comments:

Post a Comment