Friday, February 4, 2011

Is it Monday, yet???

Seriously, I can't wait for Monday. The last two weeks my life has been one big blur ~ and this weekend isn't shaping up to be any different. I never thought I'd be looking forward to a Monday. My life will still be crazy, but at least it will be my normal level of crazy!!

I've been to the gym three times this week and as of yesterday, I'm back to counting calories. Every last one of 'em. I had been putting that off because, well, I just didn't want to deal with the hassle of it. Strangely enough, once I started counting again, it seemed all of the stress connected with my eating went away. I knew I was counting, I knew I was accountable and suddenly the choices just seemed easy. If I wasn't accountable, it was too easy to make the wrong choice and then beat myself up over it later.

I've switched up my work outs a bit. I can't really do classes at the gym any more because of conflicts with the kids' activities. So, I was left to my own devices ~ could be why I put off going to the gym for so long. Hhhmm, I need to start trusting myself more. Wait until you hear about the new workout program I've been doing. I'm sore as shit. I've been walking like an old lady, but it's so freakin' awesome!!!

My foot is finally starting to feel a little bit better. Almost normal. So I ran, for one whole minutes, and guess what. My OTHER foot has started hurting again. I can't. friggin'. win. I give up (not really). I'm so frustrated. But I'm just gonna suck it up. I'm finished sitting around and waiting for my body to feel good.

The fact is, I'm big. I'm heavy. Running while carrying such a heavy load just hurts. So, I'm concentrating on strength training and other forms of cadio to take off some more weight before I dive into running again. But I'm dabbling in it a bit here and there to work my way back up. I'm training for this half marathon (June 5) come hell or high water. If I have to crawl across the finish line, I will. DAMMIT!!

So, I put my Super Feet back into my shoes. I hate them. They suck. They feel so fake and artificial in my shoes, but for now I need that extra arch support until I lose a little more weight and can ease some of the burden off my feet. It pisses me off....but I got myself into this mess. I have to put my big girl panties on and get myself out of it.

Boy 1 has a swim meet tomorrow. An hour and a half from our house. It's a two day meet, so I get to drive us back there on Sunday, too. Husband is out of town....he left tonight. Of course. So, since I have to get up at 5:15 tomorrow morning, I'm heading to bed. Peace out, internets!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that you're training for a half marathon. That's a huge accomplishment!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Jess, I love you. Your just as much my friend as anyone I've ever met in real life. It's because of this love that I'm so proud of you for not giving up. I don't care if you run, walk or crawl as far as I'm concerned just showing up to a half marathon makes you a super star.
    SO what if running's not right for you at this moment, running's not right for most people. I don't think I really like it. I can't break the two minute jogging barrier , mostly because I don't think I have the desire to push myself any harder. Wish I could find something I loved as much as eating. LOL

    Oh and totally buy yourself some chocolate covered strawberries and make sure they are good ones, but just a few;)

    ReplyDelete