Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Ran....

Today I ran. And I rocked! To be honest, I wasn't sure if running would be in the cards for me. This injury has had me so messed up in the head and so frustrated. Training for my half marathon starts in two weeks (I've bumped it up to next week) and I was so close to saying f^ck it. I was going to throw in the towel.

I decided to go for a run today and just see how long I could last before I had to stop and walk. I expected maybe three minutes or so. I laced up my Brooks and headed out the door. My neighborhood has a loop that is .8 mi and I thought, I'll go around once and see how many times I have to walk.

I RAN THE WHOLE WAY. Yup, the entire way. In fact, I ran down a side street twice to make it a nice round mile. Did I mention I ran it all? All of it. Oh and I did it in 12:01. I have NEVER run a 12 minute mile. In my life.....Ever.

I was so stoked. I've been on a complete runner's high ALL DAY. My legs feel alive. I can't remember the last time I felt this good.

My foot? Oh yea, didn't even feel it. Nothing. Nada. I stretched well after my run and I'll massage my calf tonight (rolling pin, anyone?) just in case. But it feels fabulous.

Half marathon? It is ON! Bring it, baby! There is no stopping me!

1 comment:

  1. SWEET!! Such a good feeling!!! Great job! Let the fun begin! Mwaah ahh ahh! =)

    ReplyDelete