Friday, February 25, 2011

App Review



I want to be buff. I'm vain like that. Well, it's not so much vanity. I want to be strong and I want to look strong. Even when I was playing collegiate volleyball and my best shape in my life, I never had definition. I was never toned.

I remember sitting on the couch with my highschool boyfriend one evening and watching TV. He was a big time football player and he legs like a tank. I told him I wanted legs like that. He looked at me like I was nuts. I didn't know the words back then. I didn't know that what I really wanted was tone.

Enter strength training. I've discovered that the way to get toned muscles is to actually use them. Who knew, right? Go figure. So, I have tentatively built up the courage to walk into the weight room at the gym. All those big, huge guys in there don't intimidate me anymore (yea they do), I just walk in and start lifting. I pretend like I know what I'm doing. I pretend like I know how much weight to use and how many reps to do. And then I can't walk for three days.

Until I found iPersonalTrainer. I paid $1.99 for this app on my iphone and after entering in all of my information, it made a weights workout for me. It tells me which exercises to do (it even has videos in case I don't know how to do them) and it tells me the weights and the reps. It also tells me how many sets. The only thing it doesn't do is scream in my face to keep going. I just channel my inner Jillian for that.

If one of the exercises is too easy or too hard, there is also an option to edit it so you can change the weights or the reps or even skip the exercise altogether and replace it with a different one in the muscle group.

This app has completely taken the guess work out of the weight room for me and I'm in love. I'd buy this app again and again. In fact, I can't wait until Monday so I get to use it again!

**I bought this app with my own money and iPersonalTrainer has not compensated me for this reveiw. I just wanted to share my new treasure with my friends**

No comments:

Post a Comment