Thursday, February 17, 2011

Training Plan

So, I'm going to be officially staring my half marathon training next week. That gives me 15 weeks to get ready.

Coming off an injury, I have to play this smart. I'll be loosely following the Hal Higdon Novice Half Marathon Training Schedule.

I'm also getting myself ready to train for my first triathlon this year, so while I'm focusing on running right now, I have to keep swimming and biking in the back of my mind.

This is my plan for the next 15 weeks:

Run 3x per week
Strength Train 2x per week
Swim 1x per week
Bike 1x per week
Cross Train 2-3x per week

Cross Training will consist of classes at the gym (stability ball class, spinning, step class, yoga), additional swimming or doing a fitness tape in my living room. I will likely double up my cross train & strength days. I'll also rest at least one day per week.

Here we go. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!! You will do great!! I love Hal Higdon and used his Novice 1,2 Intermediate 1,2 and Advanced plans! His plans are pretty awesome and forgiving (if you miss a day or so). And great plan with your cross training! Build that swim and bike base now and your tri training will be a breeze!

    ReplyDelete