Monday, November 8, 2010

Let's Talk about Boobs....

Boobs. They are the elephant in the room. Well, not all boobs are. Mine are. I'm aware of this. I'm ok with this. I'm used to this. My boobs are enormous. It's ok ~ you can say it. There is no denying it.

**you can see pictures of what I mean here**



I've been asked on more than one occasion, "how do you run with such a large chest?" It's a legitimate question. It is.



I've had these bad boys (girls?) since 4th grade. I went to Catholic School and we all know how see through those uniform blouses can be. I was mortified because EVERYONE could see that I was wearing a bra. I think I wore my navy blue sweater all of the way into June until school let out for the summer. I don't remember how I handled 5th grade....maybe I've blocked it out?



In highschool I went into total denial and refused to believe I needed anything other than the cute Victoria Secret bras that all of my friends were wearing. I wore the generic cotton sports bras that you could buy at Kmart and I was happy. My boobs weren't.



Then I grew up, got married and had babies. When I found out I was pregnant, the first thing my mom did was haul my behind to a bra store (I didn't even know those existed!) to be properly fitted. I was 8 weeks pregnant and fitted for an H cup. I'd been wearing DD's my whole life. OOPS!



After I had the baby and began nursing I increased to a J cup. Holy Shit!!!



They haven't gotten much smaller since giving birth. I'm currently wearing a FF cup. Yes, my boobs are big. It's the elephant in the room. Unless you are my brother. He has no problem pointing them out.



So, back to running. We were talking about running, weren't we? I can't remember. Anyway ~ how in the hell do I run with these monsters on my body? Very carefully. I used to wear two bras at once. Bouncy Bouncy Bouncy....didn't work and it was terribly uncomfortable. I'm currently wearing the Enell. There is still a little bounce, but it's the best I've found so far. They aren't technically sized for someone as big as me, but there are no sports bras that are.




I really want to try the Moving Comfort Juno bra. It's on my wish list.

6 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and am "following" Please check mine out, I have no followers and would be great if you would. I def. need the followers to make the blog and my intentions a better success. Thank you and I'm looking forward to reading more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jess, i have several big boobed friends who swear by the frog bra? ever heard of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the suggestion, Nom. I just looked it up. Doesn't come in a big enough size. But, of course, neither does the Enell, *technically*. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the bra thing! I've purposely worn smaller bras simply because finding a proper sized bra is a pain in the rear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! You win with your H cup when you were pregnant. Come over to my blog right away, I'm doing an Enell giveaway this week. I love their bras and have come to terms that Victoria's Secret doesn't even stock my size.

    ReplyDelete