Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Weigh a Day ~ Day 10 - 14

Phew! I'm not dead. Although for a while I wasn't sure.

Day 10 ~ 220.2
Day 11 ~ 220.2
Day 12 ~ 220.2

At this point in the month, I had planned to write a blog post about one reason for doing this challenge was to recognize the slight variations in weight from day to day. Buuuuutt, that wasn't happening. Instead, I got sick and spent two days in bed. Then I had to spend a day and a half getting caught up on life stuffs. So, of course, I offered fast food for dinner. And then....

Day 13 ~ 223.0

Whoa!!! Can someone say salt overload and water retention?!?

Day 14 ~ 222.2

Well, it's going in the right direction. That's about the only positive thing I have to say at this point!

I got a comment from a dear friend the other day suggesting that maybe I shouldn't be so concerned about weight and to focus more on health. It's a great point and one that remind myself, often.

Originally I had given myself this challenge because I had grand plans of losing all kinds of weight in December. I was going to beat the odds. I was going to go to the gym everyday. I was going to eat salad and raw veggies for every meal except Christmas night.

Yea, well. Then Dec 1 and the funniest thing happened. Life. Boy 1 got sick, hubby went back to a normal schedule of pretty much just being gone ~ rather than home ~ and then I got sick. Here we are half way through the month and I haven't been to the gym once. Not once. Not even to run in and grab an ornament off the giving tree.

So, goals change. Thoughts evolve. This challenge is now about keeping me accountable. About not completely losing control of everything in Dec. It's keeping me grounded and at least keeping my choices about my health in the front of my mind as opposed to being pushed to the back.

It's about knowing that I have to face the scale the day after Christmas and planning my Christmas menu accordingly.

So, while I agree that health is always more important than weight, it's recognizing that the number on the scale is more tangible and more accessible than other health markers.

Cheers,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment