Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Staying Healthy


This time of year it's of utmost importance to remember to slow down and take care of yourself. While I haven't been able to make it to the gym in weeks, I'm finding other ways to retain my mental health ~ I'm quilting. It's a tremendous stress relief and my family loves the results as they are the ones that get to snuggle up in my finished quilts!

Yesterday I went to get my brows waxed and my hair cut. I then spent the rest of the day shopping, taking myself out to lunch, running some errands and basically have a nice, relaxing day to myself. Today we're taking the kids out to see a reindeer at a local nursery, a chat with Santa, dinner out and then driving around to see Christmas lights while we sip on hot cocoa and sing Christmas Carols.

Don't get so caught up in everything that needs to be done that you forget to actually slow down and enjoy the magic of this season. Regardless of your beliefs, everyone has their own "reason for the season" and we need to keep that in perspective.

There ya go, that's my PSA for this year :-)
Cheers,
~Jess

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica, So you're a fellow quilter? Love the start you've made.
    Wednesday 21 to Saturday 24-12-11
    Weight: 66.7Kg, 66.2, 66.5, 66.7 - drat those nuts
    Ph. 6.6, 6.6, 6.8, 6.8 - improving
    Walks: 3.22 Km, rained out, 4.95+2.2= 7.15Km exhausted the dog today, 1.65Km
    Love the Map my Walk site. Need to get new batteries for my pedometers.

    ReplyDelete