Monday, December 26, 2011

A Weigh a Day ~ Christmas Edition

I hope you all had the Merriest of Christmases. I had a fabulous day, celebrated on the 24th, full of love, family, laughter & FOOD.

You know, it's just not Christmas until someone spills an entire glass of wine all over the kids' gingerbread houses. Whoops! Oh well. We dabbed up the wine as much as we could and we still let the kids eat a bit of them. Yea, I'm a bad mom like that!

Yesterday was a relaxing day around the house with the four of us just sitting and enjoying our new gifts.

I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and it reflected about a half a pound gain ~ I was at 222.0 No biggie. This this morning I stepped on and wowzers!! 224.0 That's a TWO POUND gain in 24 hours!! No, I do not believe I put on 2 lbs of fat in that short of time. I'm quite certain it's water retention and inflammation from all of the crap I've been eating! My joints are sore and my entire body aches ~ that's inflammation!!

Today I took some Advil just so I could get out of bed, I'm doing stretches off and on all day to get the blood flowing and I'll be drinking a lot of water and eating a lot of fruits & veggies. Indulging is ok, but I must remember to take care of myself and repair the temporary damage I've done, lest it become permanent damage.

It's all about changing habits and rather than saying, "Oh screw it! Bring on the rest of the cookies" I must focus on how I'm feeling and make my decisions based on that. This isn't to say that I won't be enjoying some of the leftovers, but I need to ensure I'm getting proper nutrition as well.

I hope you are all enjoying today working on your goals for 2012. I know I am!

1 comment:

  1. Sunday 25-12-11 to Tuesday 17-12-11
    Weight: 66.4▼, 66.0 ▼ , 66.4Kg. ▲
    Ph. 6.4←, 6.6→, 6.6 ↔
    Walk: 3.5, 3.5, 3.5Km
    We had a grilled salmon celebration yesterday with a nice white wine as hubby worked over Xmas. With no children around we don't have so many temptations. My downfall are nuts - just love them and they somehow pop into my mouth without my realising it???? Next hurdle New Year.

    ReplyDelete