Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekly Weigh In

It's Monday again. How did you do last week? I completely worked my ass off at the gym M-F. I burned a total of 3,774 workout calories, but I ate a lot. I recognize that it's normal to be overly hungry for a bit when you first start a new exercise routine and I was careful to eat nutritious, whole foods (until the Easter candy made it into the house!). I only went over my calories last week on one day and it was only by a smidge. Overall, I'm very pleased with how this past week went ~ until the weekend. Ugh. I didn't go the gym at all on Saturday. Hubs has been working a heavy schedule this month and his only day home all week, for the entire month, is Saturdays. I didn't want to miss any time with him. I didn't count a single calorie on Saturday either. Or Sunday.
We hunted eggs at a friend's house ~ it's out yearly tradition (Hi Nom!!) ~ and for the first time I didn't have to go out with the boys and trek through the woods with them. I was able to sit and socialize the entire day (read: sit and eat). I felt like a giant fuzzy dog terd when I got home yesterday. I took a nap and set out the leftover fruit tray for dinner and told everyone "we're eating fruit for dinner to try to detox some of the crap we ate today."

So, as you can imagine, I was hesitant to step on the scale this morning! I had been weighing myself every morning and my numbers had been holding steady all week and all I could do at this point was hope that my workouts were enough to counter balance any damage I had done over the weekend.

And they were....last week I had a big drop and I know that was mostly water weight as it was my first week back at the gym in quite some time. As of Wed morning, I'd put a few ounces back on and they stayed all week. And they were still there this morning. I'm a little bummed, but I know it's just my body evening out after getting used to working out again. I'm still going in the right direction, so I can't be upset about that!

This week's weight is 218.2 for a slight gain of .6 lbs over last week, and a total loss of 6.8 lbs since the beginning of this blog. I feel like I'm starting all over again. That injury really derailed me for a while, and it didn't help that it happened right over the holidays. But, I'm back and I can't dwell on past mistakes, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment