Thursday, April 28, 2011

I'm a hot mess....

On Tuesday I went to attempted step class. It didn't go as planned. I'm not particularly a fan of step class. With the foot problems I've had, I just find it a little too hard on the footsies. But, I got greedy. I like burning calories. What can I say, I just feel more badass better after an hour and half at the gym with over 1,000 calories under my belt than I do after say, 20 minutes, and a measly 230 calories.

I'm not typically available to go to the gym on Tuesday mornings, but this week my schedule changed a bit and suddenly morning was the only time on Tuesday that I could squeeze in a workout. I checked the class schedule and the only thing offered was step class. My foot has been feeling great, so I decided I'd rather do step than suffer through half an hour on the elliptical.

Fifteen minutes into class I felt a *POP* in the arch of my foot and suddenly I couldn't walk. FUUUUUCCCkkkk (sorry, but I was pissed). I hobbled out of class, went downstairs to the recumbent bike and finished up a somewhat respectible workout. I stopped by my PT's office on the way home and he said either I damaged my plantar fascial tendon (bad, really really bad) or I maybe broke through some scar tissue that had formed on it from my last injury (still bad, but not nearly as much). He told me to ice it and stay off of it for a few days and see how it felt.

I iced and medicated all day just like a good girl. After swim practice, the boys and I stopped by our local market and I picked up a salad for dinner ~ knowing that I wouldn't be burning *any* calories the next day I figured a light dinner would be best.......

Little did I know that some of these guys were hiding out in my lettuce. I ate about 2/3 of the salad while the kids and I watched The Biggest Loser. I tucked the boys in and started feeling really bloated and just overall sort of icky. I popped some digestive enzymes and drank some water. Didn't help. I popped some TUMS and went to bed. I tossed and turned all night with a horrible, icky nauseous feeling.

I woke up Wed morning and was sick as a dog. I'll spare you the details, but let's suffice it to say that I spent 95% of the day either in bed or sitting on the toilet. The other 5% was spent crawling into the kitchen to dig crackers and cheese slices out of the pantry/fridge for my kids to eat.

But at least I stayed off my foot, right? I woke up this morning with my tummy feeling fine but I had one hell of a headache. I've spent the day sipping on Gatorade and coffee. I wasn't sure if the headache was from dehydration or caffeine withdrawl. I decided to conquer both.

I feel ok now and have even considered going to the gym for Zumba, but I think I'll play it safe (both with my stomach and with my foot) and stay home tonight. Afterall, I think I ate less than 200 calories all day yesterday and today combined so far! LOL!

On a positive note, I lost 4 lbs in 24 hours. I don't recommend it, though.

1 comment:

  1. I got food poisoning and lost 3 pounds. Made up for it once I could eat solid food though. Gained back 5!