Friday, April 22, 2011

Do you Zumba?



Since Monday, I have burned 3,774 calories at the gym. I. am. spent. Actually, now that I look at it, it doesn't look like a lot. But I haven't been regularly going to the gym for quite some time and I jumped back in with both feet.

Since I'm not running right now, I was concerned that I wasn't getting enough cardio. I've been loving getting back into strength training and I can feel my legs getting stronger, but I needed to get my heart pumping again.

I went to spin class last week and loved it so much I went back again today. That got my heart going, but I still felt like I wanted something more. My Thursday evenings opened up unexpectedly and wouldn't you know it, my gym offers Zumba on Thursdays. Perfect.

I'd never been to a Zumba class in my life. I hadn't actually been dancing since I was a sexy hot 20something (and there was usually lots of alcohol involved and so I didn't care if I looked good doing it or not).

I was so self conscience, but I'm not really one to care what others' think so I figured what the hell. I tried to talk some friends into going with me, but everyone was busy. I showed up and just danced. And danced. And danced. And then we danced some more. I had SO. MUCH. FUN.

I'm now a Zumba convert. Every Thurs evening, come hell or high water, I'll be there. Sadly, my gym only offers the class twice a week ~ Thurs morning and Thurs evening. My kids have classes on Thursday mornings so that class is out for me.

I'd do Zumba every day if I could! It was that much fun! Do you Zumba?

No comments:

Post a Comment