Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Walkin' & Talkin'

Walking isn't my favorite form of working out. I like HIIT. I like sprints. I like weights. I like yoga. I like to push myself until I cuss. I recognize, though, that not everyone is like me (the only wish the could be). Some people don't actually enjoy exercise, they just do it because they are supposed to. (WTF is wrong with those people?!)

Today I headed to the gym knowing I wasn't going to push myself. I was going to walk with a close friend. She's moving to Japan in six weeks and I know our girl time is limited. I made a choice. I chose to nurture our friendship. After we walked for an hour (at a brisk pace), I hit the weight room and did a few heavy lifts ~ enough that I'm feeling it now, phew ~ and then headed home.

I didn't burn as many calories as I could have it I did the sprint workout I was planning, but I wouldn't trade our walking' & talking' days for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment