Thursday, October 27, 2011

Catching Up....


My computer done went and got the sick on me. We just bought each other new iPads for an early anniversary gift and then *BOOM* computer died. I've run several virus scans, I'm removed various softwares and uploads, I wiped it clean and reinstalled Windows and it still doesn't want to play nice. I'm ready to boot it out the window! The one thing stopping me? It is next to impossible to blog from the iPad/iPhone. So here I am. Let's keep our fingers crossed that my computer cooperates long enough for me to get this post out to the interwebs.

So, I have some catching up to do with you all. That real foods challenge? Yea, it was pretty much dead in the water, but it did introduce some interesting conversations around the dinner table with the kids. They are more aware of their food choices now and over all, we're all eating a bit more healthily. I'll call that a success.

I'm back at the gym. I've finally got our school schedule nailed down enough and I'm scheduling workout times around our school work. I'm planning to work out about six days a week with the following schedule:


  • MWF ~ yoga or intervals and steady state cardio

  • TTH ~ intervals and weight lifting

  • Sat ~ rest day

  • Sun ~ Reward myself with Aqua Zumba

I stepped on the scale earlier this week and was ASTONISHED to see that I was up to 222.0 again. I started to beat myself up over it and get down on myself, but it is what it is. I know it's because I let this fall get away from me, I was too busy and rushed and simply not making good food choices for myself and my family. Afterall, that's what prompted this food challenge to begin with. I'm not sure why I even expected anything different from the scale.


I have a few short term goals ~ below 220 by my birthday (Nov 5), below 215 by our anniversary (Dec 10), below 210 by Christams (Dec 25). They are slow and steady goals, but I do intend to continue losing weight through the holidays. I'm hosting both Thanksgiving and Christmas and I have complete control over the menu. I plan to give myself free passes on those two days only, but the leftovers will be packaged up and sent home with guests.


Ok, I recognize this post is sort of all over the place (hhhmmm, that seems to be a trend around here these days!), but I'm afraid my computer is going to give me the big ole "F! You" any second now. I'm just gonna go ahead and hit publish. Proof reading and copy editing is for people with nice computers.......Maybe Santa will come through for me?

1 comment:

  1. I love the ALL OVER THE PLACE posts.
    It reminds me of my brain :)

    have a great weekend!

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete