Monday, October 10, 2011

Faux Pho?



How's that for a multi-cultural title? Excuse the poor photo, I'm losing sunlight and I had to push all of our school books out of the way to find a clear spot on the table!


A friend posted a picture on Facebook a while back that inspired this dish. It is soooo gooooodd!! I saw Costco had Soba Noodles the other day and since they don't qualify for our end of the month challenge, I knew I had to make this dish now. Oh my. I don't know how I'm going to survive two weeks without this!


This is what you'll need:


  • Peanut Oil

  • Rotisserie Chicken

  • Julienned Carrots

  • Broccoli, chopped

  • Sesame Oil

  • Mirin

  • Soy Sauce

  • Sambal Oelek

  • Soba Noodles

  • Chicken Broth

  • Cilantro

  • Sriarcha

I swirled some peanut oil in a small sauce pan. I added the chicken let it sizzle just enough to get some nice brown spots on it (remember, the meat was already cooked), then I tossed in a handful of carrots & broccoli and let those sizzle for a few. A dash of sesame oil and few glops of mirin and a spoonful of sambal oelek and I let that all hang out for a few seconds. Then I grabbed a handful of noodles and threw them and let them chill for a bit and start to separate. Then I poured in the broth. Once it all came up to temp I poured into a pretty Pyrex bowl and sprinkled on some chopped up cilantro and squirted some sriarcha over the top. Can I tell you how hard it was to stop and snap a few pictures before diving it?


Next time I will use veggie broth. The chicken broth is just a little too heavy for this dish. I also added a little fish sauce to this and next time I'll leave that out. It doesn't need it. You could totally add mushrooms (I don't care for them), or cabbage (I didn't have any) or bean sprouts (again, not a fan), or anything else you fancy. Just go with it. And dig in.

No comments:

Post a Comment