Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Real Foods Challenge



The other day, I stumbled across this blog. This woman and her husband chose to take 100 days and eat nothing but whole, real foods. No processed foods at all. Zip. Zero. Zilch. I love this idea.

~*~

Let me back up a bit. I have a confession to make. My oldest son is a processed food carb addict. I take full responsibility for his food issues and I lose sleep over it nearly every night. I recognize that a lot of his pickiness is a direct result of his personality type, I had a huge part in creating this monster of a nutritional nightmare. It's not lost on me that this child is also the one with chronic asthma and allergies. I do not believe in fighting my child over food, as we are both control freaks and it quickly deteriorates into a battle of the wills, but I also do not want to send him out into the world as an adult with no knowledge of what these foods that he's so helplessly addicted are doing to his body. He's not old enough to understand it on a logical level, so I've been trying to devise a plan to show him in a more tactile manner.

~*~

Enter the real foods challenge. When I read this blog, it was like a light bulb went off in my head. Why hadn't I thought of this? It's perfect! My family is going to do a trial run, a mini version if you will, of her 100 Days of Real Foods Challenge.


At this point, I'm not sure I could get my children on board with 100 days and with the holidays coming up and all of the parties and dining out that comes along with it, we will not have enough control over the food in front of us to take this on. We've decided to start with two weeks.


Starting on Oct 18 and ending on Oct 31 my family will eat nothing but whole, real foods. We will not buy or consume processed foods and I will blog the whole thing. Everyday, right here on this blog. Won't you join us?

~*~Stay Tuned for the Official Rules We'll Be Following~*~

1 comment:

  1. My Brie is a monster too. She can actually make me cry.I realize this is because she is a mini me. I have had to give in a allow some "forbidden" foods back in simply because her will turned out to be stronger then mine. I am shamed
    Good luck, may the force be with you

    ReplyDelete