Monday, August 1, 2011

Workouts



I workout in my bikini all of the time. Don't you? I headed back to the gym today and it felt AHmazing. The last several workouts have been very sporadic and usually pretty rushed. It was nice to go to the gym today and be able to take my time and focus on the exercise I was doing and not worry about having a time limit. I was afraid that my on again/off again schedule this past month would rear it's ugly head today, but I felt so strong and my muscles were ALIVE. I felt awesome. I'm pretty sure come tomorrow morning I'm going to feel pretty DEAD, but I'm going back for more! Today: weights. Tomorrow: Intervals



Today I did:



Squats: 3 sets of 10 reps ~ 32.5 lbs for the first two, 35 for the last set. I'm sssooo close to being able to squat the Olympic bar. I can't WAIT!


Pushups: 3 sets of 10. I hate pushups. With a passion. I have this horrible mental block against them. I do them at about a 30% angle ~ on the weight bench.


Seated Cable Rows: 3 sets of 10 reps at 90 lbs. My back is going to be CHISLED! Whoot!



Step Ups: 3 sets of 10 (each leg). Well hello glutes, there you are!! I stepped on a 12"(ish) step using just my BW. Using ONLY the leg on the step. Not using my foot on the floor at all. OUCH!


Prone Jack Knife: 3 sets of 12. In case you don't know what those are:



After my workout, I met up with a friend and we walked for half an hour. Tomorrow my plan is to do intervals using Jacob's Ladder. 30 seconds on the ladder as fast as I can and then 2 minutes walking. I plan to do that about six times and then sit and relax on the stationary bike for a bit until I have to get my kids out of their class. Then we're all going swimming! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment