Monday, April 15, 2013

Stepping Up the Awesome ~ Week One



Week one of "Stepping Up the Awesome" is officially in the books, and I'm excited about going full steam ahead for week two.

I ate between 2500-3000 calories per day (some days I just couldn't get them all in).  It was mostly whole foods:  meat, veggies, fruit, rice, oatmeal, cheese, milk, and Haagen Dazs.  My weight is essentially the same ~ a 3/10 of a pound difference, but let's be honest.  That's probably just poo!

Monday ~ Tabata + heavy squats
Tuesday ~ Olympic Lifting class
Wednesday ~ heavy overhead squats + muscle up skill work
Thursday ~ rest
Friday ~ Heavy Metcon (cleans, front squats, pistol squats & hand stand pushups)
Saturday ~ rest
Sunday ~ rest

I know it's early in the experiment, and it's quite possibly all psychosomatic, but I swear I'm noticing my muscles are a little more visible in my arms and shoulders.

My plans for this coming week are to do one or two short and fast met con (depending on the programming at my gym), continue with heavy lifts several times over the week and keep up with the calorie intake....and ice cream.  Of course there will be ice cream!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment