Sunday, December 30, 2012

2013


Here were are, on the verge of 2013.  Most years I can't believe the New Year is upon us already.  I usually sit and think of all the "wasted time" I spent in the previous 12 months, with little to show for it.  This year, however, it's different.  I'm not going to show all of my progress pictures from the year ~ I'm saving those for my One Year Crossfit Anniversary post.  I can't believe that's only about SIX WEEKS AWAY!!!  Holy crap!  While I am feeling a bit like 'where has the time gone?' I can't help but look back and think of everything I've done this year.  If you had told me, that very first day I walked into Kitsap Crossfit, everything I'd accomplish this year, how far I'd come, well, I probably would have laughed in your face....and then kicked you in the shin for making fun of me.

At this time last year, I set two goals for myself:  to run a half marathon and to do one pull up.  When I started Crossfit, I shuffled the goals a little and scrapped the half marathon idea (turns out I really don't enjoy running!) and substituted one strict push up and one unassisted pull up.  I got the push up months ago.....I'm still working on the pull up.  I'm gonna give it one last major go tomorrow, Dec 31.  I'll let you know how it goes ;)

So, drumroll please:

My 2013 goals are:

Deadlift 300#
Qualify for the competition class at our box

I'm sure other, smaller goals will pop up throughout the year, but for now this is where my focus will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment