Thursday, August 12, 2010

Week One Complete

Week One of C25K is complete. Today I felt fantastic. My legs were strong and I felt fast. Unfortunately I forgot to look at the distance I went so I don't know if I actually was fast or not. Oh well, no biggie.

I followed it up with about 45 minutes of strength training. I won't get a work out in at all tomorrow (other then schlepping camping equipment from the truck, setting up the tent and little bit of hiking) so I wanted to end this week strong. I'm still planning to do a run or two while we're camping.

And, in true Jessica fashion ~ I've decided to sign up for a 5K. The date is Sept 12, about 4 weeks before the C25K program is actually complete. The last run on the program before the race is a 5 minute walk, 20 minute run, 5 minute walk. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to complete the full 5K by that point, even if I have to take a walk break or two. Let's hope so because my friend's husband has offered to watch my kids during the race and he said I have 37 minutes to complete the race before he releases the kids into the crowd! Boy, he sure knows how to push me, huh? LOL!!

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment